- 1 big courgette, grated
- 20 g parmesan
- 100 g plain flour
- Basil leaves to taste (you can also use parsley if you prefer)
- Salt to taste
- Water to make it a batter
- Sunflower oil to deep fry
Grate the courgette and put it in a bowl with shredded basil, the parmesan and salt. Mix well then add flour and water until it becomes a batter. It should not be too liquid. If necessary, add a little more flour. Heat the oil in a pan and bring it to a high temperature. Pour more than on spoonful of batter into the pan and fry the courgette fritters for about 3/4 minutes on each side. As soon as they take a uniform browning place them on a paper towel placed on a plate. Let them cool for a few minutes and serve them hot or cold.
Here some useful tips for you:
- Start with frying only one spoonful of batter and once the fritter is ready taste it to see if it needs addition of more flour or salt.
- I like to add some hot pepper in the batter and you should try it as well if you like some spice touch!!!
Enjoy your fritters!